Explore this blog by clicking on the labels listed along the right-hand sidebar. There are lots of interesting stuff which you won't find on the home page
Seriously curious about me? Click on ' What sort of person am I?'

Saturday, October 06, 2018

Eshechhe shorot

Which means, as every Bengali should know, that (the Indian version of-) autumn is in the air.

It's still hot in the daytime, but the sky is turning azure, the rains have virtually stopped (though we are still expecting a few showers), the air conditioner is no longer strictly necessary, and though I am still sweating profusely whenever I go out for a walk, which is every evening, I can feel an ever-so-slight chill in the air if I go out on the scooter late or very early. The winter is coming, though it might still take a whole month to make itself seriously felt. I live for the four months November to February. Please God, let it be a good winter this time round.

I have been reading several interesting books lately. About one or two of them, soon. I had begun to feel that the blog had been going unattended for too long...

No comments: