Explore this blog by clicking on the labels listed along the right-hand sidebar. There are lots of interesting stuff which you won't find on the home page
Seriously curious about me? Click on ' What sort of person am I?'

Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Approaching a million page views...

The Google counter says that the number of page views on this blog has crossed 990,000. Now I am beginning to get a little excited :)

As I often say - and am generally ignored - I'd love to know the names of people who have been regular readers for many years at a stretch. A special bond has been created with them, so I hate to think that they prefer to remain anonymous.

Also, right now I am rather bereft of ideas to write about, and scared of repeating myself - which won't be surprising, given that I am growing old, and have been writing continuously for eighteen years. Not many people can do that, but it is also possible to over-extend oneself. So I would love to have suggestions and requests. 

I have just been editing a recommended booklist that I wrote out two decades ago for the benefit of my pupils, and it struck me that most people - even if they call themselves readers - prefer to limit themselves to the 'latest crazes'. Books are not like cars and mobile phones, they can much better be likened to good wine, which matures with age; and no great book ever becomes out of date: keep that in mind.

I have decided against writing anything about the third Modi government at the Centre. Either I'll say too much or nothing meaningful, and in any case, too many people have talked about it already. Let it keep for personal interactions.

I should especially like to thank Ramit Das for commenting several times on my recent blogposts. It always feels good when old boys get back after ages. I shall be very happy to respond to emails or Whatsapp messages, Ramit. The phone number is 9932849202: it's no secret.

On the other hand, I have been missing folks like Saikat Chakraborty and Nishant Kamath. This is a reminder to both of them!

I shall get back here soon, I hope - or as soon as inspiration strikes. Ciao.

1 comment:

Tanmoy said...

It is great to see you write. Always! Thank you Suvroda