Explore this blog by clicking on the labels listed along the right-hand sidebar. There are lots of interesting stuff which you won't find on the home page
Seriously curious about me? Click on ' What sort of person am I?'

Saturday, December 31, 2022

End of 2022

And so passes 2022. For me, as for nearly the whole world post-pandemic, a pretty nondescript year, I think.

It started well, with a lovely road trip, and I finished it with another one-dayer yesterday: Bhatinda falls, Topchanchi lake and Maithan - with the same team of boys plus one (Koushik, Swarnava and Pratyush, besides Firoz) which, too, was perfect. The boys discovered for me how good the music system in my car was. Good adda, good food, good sleep...

In between, there were two traumas: once we nearly lost poor Bheblu in mid-February, and then my mother in late September. But God was kind, so we all survived.

The highlight of this year, of course, was Pupu staying with me for a while, first time after the lockdown of 2020. This time it wasn't forced, though. Otherwise, with a few short breaks, it was work, work, work. Luckily, I enjoyed it for the most part.

Some of my favourite old boys have been having a tough time, so my prayers go with them for a better new year.

My prayer for myself: please God, keep me far away from people who don't like me but fake it for a while.

As usual, I am already and eagerly looking forward to the next mid-February break. Even if it is only vacationing in Delhi.

I have often written more feelingly and at considerably greater length about the Christmas-New year season. See, for instance, Santa Claus is coming to town and Behold, there cometh the Lord. No point repeating myself. 

No comments: