Explore this blog by clicking on the labels listed along the right-hand sidebar. There are lots of interesting stuff which you won't find on the home page
Seriously curious about me? Click on ' What sort of person am I?'

Monday, September 26, 2022

pujo season

It was Mahalaya again, yesterday. I was born on this day, and I have often scribbled in my diary on this day too. There are even two relevant posts on this blog itself - this and this.

By a strange coincidence, without thinking about it, I gave myself two small treats yesterday: a new phone (because the old one was getting really old) and lobsters for lunch, because my daughter is here. Really, there is nothing so pleasing as delayed gratification - I wish the current generations knew and understood why the Bard had written 'All things that are, are with more spirit chased than enjoyed'.

Despite a recent accident in the family in which my mother had a close shave with death, and despite the still muggy weather, and despite the fact that Bengal's Annual madness is just around the corner, I am far happier right now than I usually manage to be, because my daughter is staying with me for some time after ages, along with her dog which has become a dear pet, and because the workload is lighter than usual, and also because Pupu has put me to work doing what I can do best: preparing all kinds of study materials and ideas for her to use in her developing career as a teacher.

And I am looking forward to the feast that I am planning with some favourite old boys who will be visiting. So that is a fun list, don't you think?

P.S.: Writing this post somehow made me feel as if I was in primary school again (I started writing a diary when I was seven years old).

2 comments:

Swarnava Mitra said...

Dear Sir,
In response to the postscript, maybe this is due to the Pujo asche excitement. Like you, I am a bit excited for Pujo but this has nothing to do with pandal hopping. Similarly, for me, it is less about the food and more about the adda.

Looking forward to seeing you.
Swarnava Mitra.

Sreetama said...

Sir,

Happy to learn that you are happier now (after the family trauma) and have gave yourself the treats. Thank you for linking your earlier 3 relevant posts here. However, for your information wherever few Bengalis (Bongs, they prefer to be called I presume) get to connect in any part of the world, they make this useless effort to showcase their culture and madness. It's unfortunate that inspite of being so far away from Bengal, I am witness to this showbiz! they say all in the name of Ma ! (may be), fail to understand what purpose do all these serve !! Anyways, your posts reassures my belief about the hollowness of these so called celebrations...
Wish you a pleasant time and feast during the forthcoming festive period.

Regards,
Sreetama