Explore this blog by clicking on the labels listed along the right-hand sidebar. There are lots of interesting stuff which you won't find on the home page
Seriously curious about me? Click on ' What sort of person am I?'

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Pupu's birthday

My daughter is twenty five today.

Since the hour she was born, it was my steadfast, passionate prayer – over the last decade, my only prayer – that I be allowed to stay by her side till she reached this day reasonably healthy and happy, not only with an uninterrupted supply of physical sustenance, but heart and soul, as a fully- and forever trustworthy friend.

As any thoughtful reader may understand, there are several dimensions to that prayer, none less important than any other, and I am deeply, deeply grateful to Providence that it has been granted for the most part.

I know to how few such a prayer is granted. So, from today onwards, I shall not pray for anything more, except maybe for a demise that is no burden on anyone on earth, including my daughter and me.

And from today onwards, though I may still keep on working and earning my daily bread for a while yet, I shall regard myself as essentially a Retired Person, in the most fundamental sense of that expression.

3 comments:

Tanmoy said...

Dear Suvroda

Many happy returns of the day to Pupu. Best wishes to her.

Regards
Tanmoy

Rajdeep said...

Happy Birthday, Pupu.
All best to you.

Take care and stay safe, all of you.
Here's wishing you all a wonderful 2022.

Best regards,
Rajdeep

Rajdeep said...

I hope you can enjoy yourself with your daughter for many more years. You are extremely lucky to have celebrated her 25th birthday when you are only 58. I will be over 68 by the time my son turns 25, i.e. if I am still around. Wish you all good health and happiness in the years to come. Best wishes.