Explore this blog by clicking on the labels listed along the right-hand sidebar. There are lots of interesting stuff which you won't find on the home page
Seriously curious about me? Click on ' What sort of person am I?'

Monday, July 05, 2021

Ray... baba re!

OK, I have watched all four episodes, and here is my one-word review: don't.

The only barely watchable episode is the third (based on Barin Bhoumik-er byaraam). Three things set it apart from the others: a) it has taken the least liberties with the original story line, b) it is the only one where the characters do not spout utterly unnecessary obscenities (supposedly to show that they are 'adult, mature and contemporary'), and c) there are no female characters. Does that explain something?

If this is a 'tribute' to Satyajit Ray, I'd like to know what a deliberate insult would be like.

2 comments:

Tanmoy said...

Dear Suvroda

I did not like any of the adaptations. I found them over-dramatized and too theatrical. I agree, probably the third one is best of the lot but even then the director could have given such good actors a much better canvas. I am worried when I heard that there will be 2 more seasons.

Regards
Tanmoy

Suvro Chatterjee said...

I think I'll give the next seasons a miss, Tanmoy, unless some folks like you insist that they are really worth watching without wanting to puke for a change!