Explore this blog by clicking on the labels listed along the right-hand sidebar. There are lots of interesting stuff which you won't find on the home page
Seriously curious about me? Click on ' What sort of person am I?'

Sunday, February 05, 2023

One of my YouTube videos

I don't know how many of my readers have visited my YouTube channel: where I stopped posting several years ago. I was listening to some of my videos, and here's a link to one of them which I think all readers  who imagine themselves to be 'patriotic' ( and also some who don't!) should listen to, then self-examine.

Happy listening. As always, I shall be glad to have sensible and thought-provoking comments.

P.S., Feb. 06: I am delighted to see that the numbers on the visit counter have been jumping up lately, and that some old favourites have come back on the most-read list, including Look, for heaven's sake LOOK! (It also reminded me that, sadly, while visits have increased rapidly, comments, especially sensible and substantial comments which can trigger off lively debates, have become far fewer and farther between).

1 comment:

Rajdeep said...


Sir,

I hope the new year is treating you well.

I don't know whether this is a "sensible and thought-provoking comment", but I hope it will not be publicly chastised if published because you have assured us that, "Comments written in ungrammatical English or sms text, or by anonymous folks, or if they are rude/ silly/ irrelevant/ uninformed, will NOT be published."

Nice to watch your video again, although your soft "T's" seem to have become slightly harder with time. I enjoyed reading Superfast Primetime Ultimate Nation several years ago. As you very aptly pointed out, there are many hurdles to be overcome before the author's gung-ho statement is likely to come true. More telling is the fact about the per capita income that you emphasized. An increase in GDP is not going to raise the living standards of most people.

In the 1700s and 1800s, India was rich and the population was smaller than what it is now. Also, the sizes of GDPs were much smaller than what they are today.

In the video, you asked for topics that we would like you to discuss. Unfortunately, I am interested only in India-Japan relations, so I wonder whether you will be interested.

Since reading the above-mentioned book, I have also read: 1. The Billionaire Raj by James Crabtree, and 2. The Divide by Jason Hickel. I thought they are far more intelligent, incisive, and balanced works. It would be wonderful if you could talk about these two books in detail.

Take care.

Yours sincerely,
Rajdeep