Explore this blog by clicking on the labels listed along the right-hand sidebar. There are lots of interesting stuff which you won't find on the home page
Seriously curious about me? Click on ' What sort of person am I?'

Thursday, August 02, 2018

A pat on my daughter's back

My daughter recently wrote a review of Chandrahas Choudhury's new novel, Clouds, on her blog. Mr. Choudhury has liked it enough to write glowingly about it on his Facebook page. I am quoting the whole comment below. If you are really interested, you might look up Choudhury's FB page for the actual post, and the comments that have come in. He wrote it last night, meaning August 01 [here is the link:  https://bit.ly/2LJEdgO ]

'Read a wonderful review of Clouds by Urbi Chatterjee, a Young India fellow at Ashoka University -- written in much more elegant prose, and with many more interesting thoughts and much more understanding of narrative and aesthetic motives, than most of the reviews of Clouds in the newspapers. Which newspaper editor on my friends' list wants to give this very bright young writer, formerly a student of history at Jadavpur, some book-review or journalistic work? We need more good reviewers in this country!
Especially loved this bit: "Witnessing Farhad fall in love is also quite a comic treat for the reader – he steps into that same bubble of buoyant optimism and nothing-can-ever-go-wrong-again sense of confidence, and his mind builds the same castles in the air that do people decades younger than him. Love makes a happy, goofy fool out of human beings, and it is comforting to realise that people much older and more experienced than I can end up behaving in the exact same manner when assailed by the arrows of Cupid." '

1 comment:

Rajdeep said...

Excellent. Congrats to Pupu. Keep writing. I wish I could get hold of the book here. I will definitely get it the next time I am in India. And, I am sorry for being off the net most of the time. Summer holidays yet to begin. But I am looking forward to catching up on some reading. Do let me know if you have suggestions. I hope you all are doing well. Take care and best wishes.