Explore this blog by clicking on the labels listed along the right-hand sidebar. There are lots of interesting stuff which you won't find on the home page
Seriously curious about me? Click on ' What sort of person am I?'

Saturday, February 21, 2009

My orkut community

I had grown disenchanted with orkut long ago (see the post here titled 'orkut, anyone?'), but I feel a little nostalgic about the community called The Good Life! which I had nurtured there for almost two years now. That community is now almost defunct, because virtually all the participants have lost interest in participating - or maybe they just don't have anything to say any more - but some of the discussions were long and substantial, and I don't want to lose them all by deleting the community. I want some suggestions regarding how I can somehow salvage that discussion forum. Can the readers of this blog help?

2 comments:

Chanchal said...

May be this is not the kind of solution you would appreciate, but even then I feel this can work..

You can password-protect your posts and the password shall be known only to them who participate in the Orkut forum, this can never infuse so-called enthusiasm, but it may force a few people...though that is not supposed to be done!

Manoshij

Subhanjan said...

I simply have no idea. People have lost interest in it almost suddenly. I wonder why. I have no idea what to do with it now. I think it is better to leave it as it is. But seeing a creation staying out of use for a long time is painful.